SUCCESSFUL PROJECT MANAGEMENT
What happens to a company that chooses to disregard project management best practices?
Why do projects need to be effectively managed in a collective group as well as one at a time?
Organizations that value Project Management as a strategic tool recognize the value of learning about the following:
- Identifying resources for the project
- Providing direction, coordination, and integration to the project team.
- Managing a diverse set of project stakeholders
- Project Managers are dependent upon others for technical answers.
- Who is responsible for performance and success of the project
- When to induce the right people at the right time to address the right issues and make the right decisions.
ADOPTING PROJECT MANAGEMENT BEST PRACTICES
The integrative nature of project management involves coordinating multiple processes for a project. This applies through all the basic principles groups of Concept, Selection, Initiating, Planning, Executing, Approval, Delivery, and Closing. Your use of these basic principles will increase the performance of your project team and success of the project, as well as enable you to bring on the right people at the right time to address the right issues and make the right decisions.
“Operations keeps the lights on, strategy provides a light at the end of the tunnel, but project management is the train engine that moves the organization forward.“ – Joy Gumz
IN THIS BASICS PROGRAM PROJECT MANAGERS AND THEIR PROJECT TEAMS WILL LEARN:
- What is project management
- How to define a project
- Building a successful project team
- What it takes to plan a project
- Monitoring a project
- Best practices for auditing a project
- Project performance measurement
- How to close a project